Beauty and the Beast: Creamed Spinach
You don't have to be Popeye to love this delicious spinach steak-house side-dish. Yes, it is full of butter and cream. But, this is a special occasion - enjoy it!
- 1 lb of fresh spinach
- 1 T butter
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/8 t nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the spinach and cut off (and discard) the thick stems.
- Steam the spinach for about 3 minutes.
- Chop the spinach.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Saute the garlic and shallots for a minute or two on medium heat in the 1T butter.
- Add the chopped spinach, 1/3 cup cream, 1/8 t nutmeg and stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens up.
- Salt and pepper to taste, stir, and serve!
Copyright 2007 Acme Computing Inc.